Each month at Top level Fitness will be selecting a Member of the Month. This person will be selected based on a variety of criteria ranging from accountability, motivation, team spirit, results, and more… Then we schedule a time to do a video or written interview about their experience with Top Level Fitness. It’s always fun. You can get more details on how you can qualify for Member of the Month by visiting this page here<===
I’m really excited to announce our April Member of the Month…
Jan came to Top level Fitness as a referral from an another awesome Member of the Month, client and a part of our Top Level team now Carolyn Witte, and she have been with us for the past 15 months. Jan made amazing transformation and looks amazing by the way :), she is one of the fittest people in the gym (she need to gain some weight if you ask me lol) and has become a huge inspiration for her workout friends here at our Top Level Fitness Training facility as well and for her friends and family. She had contributed a lot to the growth of Top Level Fitness with referring lots of new clients to us and sharing her experience and amazing results!
As a thank you for being such awesome person and friend and for winning Member of the Month she receives free 1 Hour Massage as well and the designated parking spot for the next month here at Top Level Fitness.
Check out Jan’s interview below and be sure to congratulate her with a great comment in the COMMENTS section below. If you’re using social media please share this post with your friends using the SHARE buttons below….THANKS!
Now lets hear Jan’s story …
1. What do you do for a profession outside of Top Level Fitness?
2. How long have you been a member of Top Level Fitness?
3. How did you get involved in Top Level Fitness?
Recommended by my friend Carolyn Witte
4. Tell us about your sports and fitness background?
I was always athletic and played softball, basketball and volleyball while growing up. I was on the crew team in college. However, I did not do any athletics after I had children. I was thin, but completely out of shape. I joined TLF so I could get back into shape.
5. Take us back to your first workout… what was it, and how did it feel?
II was very intimidated when I walked into the gym my first time. It had been so long since I had worked out and I never felt comfortable working out in gyms or health clubs. The first workout was tough, but I felt really good afterwards. Everybody was helpful. I also felt like the other aspects of the gym (nutrition counseling/ accountability) were things that I could really benefit from. I felt fantastic after my first workout and joined on the spot!
6. What is your favorite/least favorite workout exercise?
Don’t really have a favorite, depends on the day….Not very fan of box Jumps!!
7. What is your strongest attribute or favorite workout?
I am dedicated and I always try my hardest regardless of the workout. While I used to not like Tabata days, those are some of my favorite workouts.
8. When did you realize that Top Level Fitness was right for you?
After my first class.
9. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting Top Level Fitness (before/after)?
I have seen major changes. I did not have weight to lose, but I feel stronger, healthier, and fitter. I just feel so much better about myself!
10. What sort of changes in your life have you experienced out of taking on something like Top Level Fitness that were totally unexpected?
While I was never a really bad eater, my choices were not always the healthiest. I have learned how to eat better and I really feel the changes. I have such a great feeling after each workout knowing that I am becoming healthier and stronger. I feel better now than I did in my twenties!
11. What is your favorite healthy food & “cheat” food?
My favorite cheat food is pizza. I like pretty much all fruits and vegetables, but I am now addicted to almond butter.
12. What is something that we don’t know about you? (Your hobbies, Interesting fact, accomplishment you are proud of, obscure/unique talent, funny story, etc.)
While I am a teacher now, I have held many interesting jobs. I was a mental health counselor for adult schizophrenics, but my life was threatened a few too many times ? I also worked at a non-for-profit organization called the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations and met many interesting people. While setting up an appointment for my boss, I had a few conversations with Monica Lewinski on the phone right before the “scandal”. I was also a dog walker in Chicago while going back for my Masters degree.
13. Do you have any advice for people just getting started at Top Level Fitness?
Don’t give up! While it is challenging, it is such a great place. I have never looked forward to working out before and I do at Top Level. The trainers and clients are fantastic! It is such a positive place and the results that I see not just in myself but in all of those around me are amazing.