Srini is a great example of someone who hit the ground running at Top Level Fitness. He didn’t wait to set goals and do whatever he needed in order to accomplish them. From some of the basics like group training and nutrition to other things we offer at Top Level, like FitRanX testing, Srini has made it a priority to continually push himself. Read on to get to know him a little better!
My name is Srini Gutti and I live in Naperville. My wife and I have a beautiful 10 yr. old daughter. Together, these two women keep me humble, grounded and motivated as I work through my personal and professional goals. As a family, we love travelling, having visited over 10 countries already and not planning to slow down any time soon. I work as a Director of IT at AGL Resources (largest natural gas distributor in the country with Nicor Gas being one of the utilities) and have been there for 10+ years now.
Growing up in India, I did different sports (Cricket, Badminton, Track) through high school. I was even the Sports Captain of the school. All that suddenly stopped when I joined Engineering School and life happened. Even though I had not been working out per se, I always had maintained good dietary habits. Fast forward 12 years and for some strange reason I had picked up the sport of racquetball. For the next 6 to 7 years, racquetball was the craze but when my knees started hurting I had to let racquetball take the back seat. While I worked out and ate healthy (so I thought ….), my goal of improving endurance and getting stronger kept falling short. When my wife had heard of all the wonderful results her friends were experiencing at TLF, I had to give it a try.
I have been with Top Level Fitness (TLF) for about 5 months now. What started as a 4-week tryout is now an interesting part of my week. It was pretty evident right from the first training session that guided workouts and proper nutrition can do miracles with your body. What separates TLF from other fitness centers can really be visualized along three different dimensions.
- Functional Expertise – The coaches are experienced fitness professionals who put together awesome routines (strength and metabolic conditioning). The routines are fresh and interesting every day.
- Engagement – TLF family (coaches, staff, other members) truly supports and encourages you at every step of the way. Folks share experiences and even take time to participate in charity workouts to benefit noble causes.
- Driving Results – Between daily informational notes, periodic measurements, FitRanx testing, plenty of tools are in place to motivate and demonstrate your progress.
I am proud to share that I have managed to drop my body fat (by 7%) in to the ‘athlete’ range while putting on some weight. In other words, I managed to replace body fat with muscle mass and that is exactly what I was looking to accomplish.
I have a long path ahead of me but I am confident I will enjoy the journey with TLF. Thanks to Sean, Steve and Joy for their continued support and encouragement!!!
Here is a great receipt for an awesome Chicken Curry. Not only is this curry delicious, it is very nutritious as well.
- Chicken: 2 lbs washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- Onions: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Green chili: 2 slit length wise half way
- Tomato puree: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
- Coconut milk: 1 cup
- Masala powder: 1″ cinnamon, 1 green cardamom, 4 cloves finely ground
- Curry leaves: saute in a tsp of oil till crisp (for garnish)
- Salt: to taste
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsps
- Dry roast and make a paste:
- Dry red chilies: 5-6
- Poppy seeds: 1 tbsp
- Peanuts: fistful
- White sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the onions and saute till translucent. Add the green chilis, ginger-garlic paste and saute for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the cleaned chicken pieces and cook on high heat for 5-6 minutes, mixing once in a while.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the ground paste and tomato puree and mix. Reduce heat to medium, cook without lid for 7-8 minutes.
- Add half a cup of water and cook covered for 20-25 minutes or till the chicken is cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and cook without lid for a few minutes till you get the desired gravy consistency.
- Finally add the masala powder, mix well. Turn off heat.
- Remove onto a serving bowl and garnish with curry leaves or fresh coriander leaves.