Hey there I hope you’re having an awesome day!
Our good friend and client Karl wanted to share some fun recipes with you today.
Karl for the past few months lost almost 20 pounds.
He knows and we all know that you can’t constantly be on strict diet and not having fun at all.
Now.. don’t get me wrong, we’re not saying that you should eat this every day, but you can have some fun from time to time and cheat on your diet.
Here is Karl now…
Here are 2 great tasting recipes.
Crunchy Asian Slaw
Boil and cool the following
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup RAW sugar
3 tbls soy sauce
1 1/2 packages of pre-shredded cabbage
1 bunch chopped green onion
1 package slivered almonds
2 packages Ramen noodles (discard flavor pouch)
4 tbls margarine
>Crumble noodles into small bits
>Brown crumbled noodles in the margarine and cool
When dressing and noodles are cooled, toss all ingredients and serve.
Cap’t Crunch French Toast Bites
This is not exactly a heart healthy recipe. Substituting ingredients is like putting a filter on a cigarette…it doesn’t do much.
6 large eggs
5 tbls sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
1-16 oz. box Cap’t Crunch cereal
1 loaf Texas toast
1. Pour Cap’t Crunch into a gallon-size ziplock bag and crush to a course meal — make sure there are a few good size pieces in the mix. Pour into a 9×13 pan in order to dredge properly.
2. Combine eggs, sugar, cream, vanilla, and spices in a large bowl. It will have the consistency of custard.
3. Cut each bread slice in half. Do not cut on a diagonal Soak each slice of Texas Toast in wet ingredients, 5-10 seconds each side. Be sure the edges are moist, too.
4. Dredge in Cap’t Crunch, lightly press onto each side, and around the crust. Place on parchment paper until all slices are coated.
5. Heat 2 tbls. butter in large skillet, then gently place slices in pan; 2-3 at a time.
6. Cook three minutes per side. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheet and bake in 275 degree oven for 15-20 minutes
To Serve – Slice each piece in half again. Arrange on a plate and garni with powdered sugar and mint leaf.
Hey there again,
We hope you like those fun recipes. Leave a comment for Karl below. He will appreciate that.
Have an awesome weekend from us too!
Zack & Kosta