Naperville Group Training Gym Member of the Month:
I’m really honored to announce our newest Member of the Month Susan Kranz. Susan has been with Top Level Fitness for the past 11 months. Not only has she lost 30 lbs, increased her muscle tone and decreased her body fat, she is stronger and have more energy to do any outdoor work or play with the kids! Susan comes to the gym with a positive energy. She puts her full effort into all of the workouts and is welcoming and helpful to those who work out with her.
As a thank you for being such an awesome person and for winning Member of the Month she received an Feet Massage Spa Gift Card as well as a reserved parking spot for the next month here at Top Level Fitness.
Check out Susan’s interview below and be sure to congratulate her with a great comment in the COMMENTS section below. If you’re using social media please share this post with your friends using the SHARE buttons below….THANKS!
1. What do you do for a profession outside of Top Level Fitness?
I am a stay-at-home mom of 4 children ages 15, 14, 10, and 5.
2. How long have you been a member of Top Level Fitness?
I have been a member of Top Level Fitness for 11 months.
3. How did you get involved in Top Level Fitness?
I saw advertisements for a one month trial at my daughter’s preschool. My friend and I decided to try it. I was hooked after the trial and became a member.
4. Tell us about your sports and fitness background?
I was always involved in sports growing up. In high school, I played basketball, ran track, and was a cheerleader. When my first two children were younger I would go regularly to a gym, but by the time children 3 and 4 came along I just didn’t make time to exercise. About 2 ½ years ago my husband and I did take up running.
5. Take us back to your first workout… what was it, and how did it feel?
I can’t remember what my first workout was exactly. I was so overwhelmed trying to keep up and remember what to do at each station. It went by so quickly, but I do remember how terribly sore my arms were!!!
6. What is your favorite/least favorite workout exercise?
I really like the finishers at the end of the workouts, especially if we are pushing the sleds or punching bags. I like the challenge of finishing strong after an already tough workout. My least favorite exercises are the leg lifts on the TRX.
7. What is your strongest attribute or favorite workout?
I’ve really learned to like tabata days. I also feel like I have gotten so much stronger lifting heavier weights on weight training days. I could hardly do a push-up when I started.
8. When did you realize that Top Level Fitness was right for you?
I knew Top Level Fitness was right for me after about the second week. I really started to look forward to going to the workouts and seeing all of the great people there working out too. It became both fun and challenging and I never get tired of coming to the gym.
9. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting Top Level Fitness (before/after)?
Since January, I have lost 30lbs and 7% body fat and I am still going. Even better than that I have gotten so much stronger and have more energy. I can do any outdoor activities like yard work, or play with my kids doing things like biking, playing volleyball or basketball and I don’t have the backaches or other pains I used to get.
10. What sort of changes in your life have you experienced out of taking on something like Top Level Fitness that were totally unexpected?
I didn’t expect to develop the mental toughness during workouts that I have. I’ve found I really like to force myself to hold a plank or wall sit a little longer, or complete 1 more rep in a heavy set.
11. What is your favorite healthy food & “cheat” food?
I eat eggs all the time. I never seem to get tired of them. I also love avocados and guacamole. My cheat foods I love are any kind of potatoes, but especially mashed, and any kind of chocolate dessert.
12. What is something that we don’t know about you? (Your hobbies, Interesting fact, accomplishment you are proud of, obscure/unique talent, funny story, etc.)
I ran 2 Chicago marathons in 2011 and 2012.
13. Do you have any advice for people just getting started at Top Level Fitness?
Stay consistent. Work hard every workout and keep coming. You will see results. Also, take advantage of the nutritional counseling.
Each month at Top level Fitness will be selecting a Member of the Month. This person will be selected based on a variety of criteria ranging from accountability, motivation, team spirit, results, and more… Then we schedule a time to do a video or written interview about their experience with Top Level Fitness. It’s always fun. You can get more details on how you can qualify for Member of the Month by visiting this page here<===