“If You Have Enthusiasm, a Positive Attitude and a few basic skills, I Have A Fun and Fulfilling Job Just For You!”
AWESOME Administrative Assistant/Director of Operations Wanted
Dear Prospective Employee,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in an employee so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding job I have available.
So, let me tell you about me, my company, and the job.
My name is Zack Todevski and I’m the owner of Top Level Fitness located in Naperville, IL.
My business is dedicated to helping men and women achieve their health, fitness, and performance goals through customized fitness and nutrition programs.
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, hard working, and energetic person to handle our office work operations.
My facility is located at 2764 Aurora Avenue Suite 120, Naperville IL, 60540. We are on same plaza as Menards.
Over the last couple years we’ve had tremendous growth and it’s come time for us to bring on some additional help behind the scenes to get to the “next level.” It’s our goal to help thousands of Naperville area residents look, feel and perform their best. To do this, we need a strong supporting cast, which includes a SOLID Administrative Assistant (for lack of better words). Quite frankly, we need someone who is a rock star with administrative tasks (paperwork, data entry, inventory, etc), has a firm grasp of software and technology (Google Drive, Dropbox, email, Facebook, Instagram, Blogging, etc. are just few of the tools we use), AND loves talking with people in person or through email and phone (handling inquiry call, confirming appointments, connecting with clients).
WARNING: Working in an entrepreneurial environment is much different than working for a “regular” company – we often build the plane as we fly it. Creativity and flexibility are a must!
If you are hired for this position you will need to come to the office Monday – Friday and some Saturday’s. There will be some flexibility to the hours, but you will be expected to start or end your day with one of our training sessions (training time is NOT part of your work hours, but is provided as part of your compensation plan). We’re providing free training membership so that you can better understand our services and relate to our Members. Plus, it’s a great health benefit! Naturally we’re going to hire someone who embraces a healthy lifestyle and wants to work in an environment that encourages & facilitates effective exercise, good nutrition, and supportive people.
IMPORTANT NOTE: WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SOMEONE WHO IS JUST LOOKING FOR FREE TRAINING!
Minimum Required Performance Responsibilities
- Answer all incoming calls – handle/forward accordingly
- Answer all/most emails – handle/forward accordingly
- Prospective Clients & Trials
- Answer inquiry calls
- Schedule & confirm appointments
- Manage paperwork
- Follow-up with new trials
- New & Current Clients
- Send Welcome Package & follow-up (letters, cards, flowers, etc.)
- Manage client folders
- Manage client birthday recognition
- Record attendance
- Missed workouts follow-up communication
- Lost Clients
- Manage files
- Follow-up tasks (calls, send cards, letters, etc.)
- Inventory & Purchasing
- CARE gifts
- Facility Maintenance
- Vacuum/Dust/Tidy Up and keep the facility clean and organized
- Manage outside service providers (e.g., handyman)
- Load Blogs & Emails
- Facebook Fan Page posts
- Facebook Group posts
- Workout music playlists
- Towels restocking
- Some Project Management Tasks
- Special Events
- Assist with planning, organizing and running the events
Potential Additional Responsibilities
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Business errands (e.g., picking up office supplies, going to the post office, meeting with vendor, etc.)
- Personal errands for Zack
- Represent and promote Top Level Fitness at various networking meetings and events
- Be present and participate in member activities/events
- Attendance at continuing education/development training
- Great phone personality/etiquette. You will be talking with my customers, who are VERY important to me, and prospective customers, who are also extremely important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. We’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Thoughtfulness and organization. I need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. I’m very serious about this one. I do NOT want a robot. I want someone who learns and grows with us.
- Google. You must be comfortable using many of the google’s applications like Google Drive applications (similar to Microsoft Office), specifically Documents and Spreadsheets (basic level formulas), Youtube and ect.
- Email. A great deal of your work will be via email. You will be given access to our main email accounts that are run through Gmail. You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email.
- Dropbox. We use Dropbox to store organize most of our files. We take a lot of pictures also and need to store/categorize them for later use.
- Facebook. Facebook is an important part of our community. You must be an active Facebook user and familiar with it’s basic functions.
- Attention to Detail: This is a must! You will need to catch the little things from scheduling, to wording, numbers, cleaning, etc.
Good writing skills: we send a lot of emails and letters to both client and prospects. If you are a good writer and can assist with these tasks that would be great!
Social Media and Web Understanding: We use social media to communicate with our clients and prospects, but also for marketing purposes too. Good understanding of social media sites and practices like: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Web search and etc., will be a great bonus!
WordPress: We use wordpress as a platform for our websites. You will be uploading content (blogs) regularly to our site. Having a basic understanding of wordpress and blog and page posting will be another big bonus for you!
Event Planning. We enjoy activities (parties, charity workouts, get togethers) and would like to do them more regularly. We may lean on you for help with these.
Networking, Marketing and Sales Experience: Another big bonus is having a good networking skills to represent and promote Top Level Fitness at different networking meeting and other events. Marketing and sales understanding and some kind of experience will be great bonus as well.
Compensation & Benefits
- We have Full Time (35-40 h/w) and Part Time (15-25 h/w) positions available. Starting pay is $12 hours (after the initial training), plus potential commissions, bonuses, increases based on performance and growth of the business, and potential for salary with benefits for full time employees and high performers. Basically your earning potential depends on you and your performance. You will be paid Monthly on the 15th
- Free Training Membership and Participation in Transformation Challenges, Workshops, Seminars, etc.
Potential Future Growth
- Salary, Paid Holidays, Benefits and Commission Opportunities
- Management position
How to Apply
We’re looking to hire the right person as soon as possible. So if this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
Here’s what I want from you. NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
• Write me a cover letter email explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email, age and facebook profile link) on this cover letter.
• On an attached word doc list at least three references with phone numbers, email (optional) and what your relationship is with the references (i.e. – previous employer, college professor, etc. I don’t need reference from your best friend or from your mom).
• Write me an additional hand-written note re-iterating why you feel I should choose you for the job. (scan and attach to the email)
• Attach to the email PDF file with you resume as well.
• Complete and submit all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Applying for Admin Assistant Position”
After I receive your email, I will review your application. If I feel you’re a good prospect, we’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner we get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly. So get your application over to me pronto! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thank you very much for your interest.
P.S. – This in not a corporate type of structure job. I am an entrepreneurial small business owner. I move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Top Level Fitness is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that’s you, I promise that $12/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat person and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So send us your resume today!