6 Weeks Back to School Challenge Rules and How to Win Points
The challenge starts Saturday, September 20th and ends Friday, October 30th. Every contestant will be measured and weighed in individually. The results will be announced no later than November 10th.
Everyone will be separated 3 teams. Each team will have a Captain. Captains are TJ Blazek, Sheila Young, Dan Rock.
There will be individual winner ($200 cash) and winning team ($300 for the team) based on the total points from all the categories. You can win points on different ways but there will be 3 main components or ways for you to win points. each component done right can bring you at the end approximately equal number of points. We do this so we make it fair and give a chance to everyone who likes to participate in the contest to have a fair chance of winning.
The three ways are:
- The easy way- you get points for doing stuff like: attendance, facebook, myfitnesspal, referrals and weekly challenges.
- FitRanx – your fitness performance test
- Body Changes – weight loss, fat loss, inches lost.
Here are the different ways to earn points:
1. Attendance –1 point for every day you workout at the gym. The more you workout, the more points you’ll get and better results you’ll see, simple as that.
2. Weight loss and Fitness Performance
-For every % body weight lost (read that carefully)- 10 points
-For every % Fat Loss – 10 points
-For every inch lost – 5 points
3. My Fitness Pal log in – 1 point for every day you log your meals. Nutrition is said to be up to 70% of a good fitness program. It is also said that those who are most successful at weight loss are those who write down everything they put into their mouths. I say it’s 100% hard work in the gym and 100% nutrition! Therefore logging your meals into MyFitnessPal will give you 1 point for every day you log in your meals.
4. Fitness Challenges –During the 6 weeks of the contest there will be 6 individual (short, 3-5 minutes) challenges.
- Individual Challenges – 2 points just for doing the challenge. The individual challenge will be a short challenge and they will be announced every Monday and you can complete those any day of the week at the end of each workout. You can challenge the person with best result of the challenge any day of that week, but no later than Saturday 10am. That needs to be done at TLF after your workout. For winning an individual challenge you’ll earn 5 extra points. The team with the most challenges won will get an extra 50 points.
- Team Challenges – earn 2 points for attending the Challenge Workouts every other Saturday at 9am.
Dates for the Team Challenges are: September 27th, October 11 and October 25th at 8am. You can also attend the regular Saturday workout at 9am if you choose so.
The members of the team who wins the team challenge will receive 5 points for that challenge instead of 2. Everyone else 2 points, for attending the challenge. Points are added in your total points.
5. Facebook –1 point a day. Check in with a comment or post a picture to our Top Level Fitness Training Facebook page every day and you’ll receive 1 point or on my account Zack Toplevelfitness. Closed groups are only to communicate with other members or with us. You can chat in the groups with other members as much as you want but ONLY comments posted on the TLF FB page will count as a point. You can receive maximum of 1 point per day.
6. FitRanx – fitness test
- For attending a FitRanx test (if you don’t pass Level 1) – 10 points
- Successfully completed Level 1 – 20 points
- Level 2 – 40 points
- Level 3 – 60 points
- Level 4 – 80 points
- Level 5 – 100 points
The points adds up when you move to higher level. Example: if you complete level 4 by the end of the challenge that is 20+40+60+80=200 points total.
Next FitRanx its in 2 weeks.
7. Referrals – 10 points. I’ll have a special 2 week promotion for you to make bringing your friends to the gym a no brainer. If your friends sign up after their trial period for any of our 1 Year or 12 Week programs, you’ll earn an additional 20 points (and $50 Referral Bonus).
For every referral you bring in to the challenge (cut off date September 18th) – 30 points.
I have created secret Facebook groups for each Team (only the people of the team can see your posts) where you can communicate with the rest of your team members and us.
I have also created one main Facebook Group – 6 Weeks Back to School Challenge. Every week on Saturday or Sunday you need to Check-In to your group with a short post about your progress during the week, any feedback or questions you may have and how many points you have for the past week.
Here is what the check in needs to include:
-Pounds lost –
-Attendance points –
-Challenges you did that week-
-Referrals you brought that week-
Those Check-Ins are mandatory and if you fail to do that, you will NOT earn any points for that week. If you prefer you can email us the same content instead of posting in the group.
Please tag my personal Facebook account (Zack Toplevelfitness) anytime when you have question for me so I can see and answer your question on time.
Every Monday afternoon we will send you an email with your points for the previous week (after we receive your weekend Check-Ins), info for the week and motivational video.
The week starts on Saturday ends on Friday.
Good luck and and lets have some fun! 🙂