6 Weeks Back to School Challenge Rules and How to Win Points
The challenge starts Saturday, September 14th and ends Saturday, October 26th. Every contestant will be measured and weighed in individually. The results will be announced no later than November 4th.
There will be individual winners for: Best Transformation (most points collected from % of weight loss, % of fat loss and lost inches), and Best Fitness (strength) performance; and winning team based on points of the individual achievements, plus all other point categories listed below.
Everyone will be separated into 6 teams. Each team has a Captain. All team members need to check in/report to their captain and partner (if you have one) when are you working out and if not, then why you are missing. The team with most overall points will be the winning team. For the individual contest everyone will earn points just for themselves like I said before based on performance ONLY.
Here are the different ways to earn points:
1. Attendance –1 point for every day you workout at the gym. The more you workout, the more points you’ll get and better results you’ll see, simple as that.
-BONUS – earn 1 bonus point for your team by attending the Tuesday evening workshops (7.30pm and only some of the Tuesdays). They may involve extra workouts, Yoga or be instructional.
2. Weight loss and Fitness Performance
-For every percent body weight lost – 5 points
-For every % Fat Loss – 5 points
-For every inch lost – 2 points
-Fitness Performance – points from the first and second Fitness Test (if you miss one you don’t get any points for this). The person with most points will be the winner. Total points will be based on the both tests plus the improvement between both tests.
3. My Fitness Pal log in – 1 point for every day you log your meals. Nutrition is said to be up to 70% of a good fitness program. It is also said that those who are most successful at weight loss are those who write down everything they put into their mouths. I say it’s 100% hard work in the gym and 100% nutrition! Therefore logging your meals into MyFitnessPal will give you 1 point for every day you log in your meals.
4. Fitness Challenges –During the 6 weeks of the contest there will be 12 individual (short, 3-5 minutes) challenges.
-Individual Challenges – 2 points just for doing the challenge. The individual challenge will be a short challenge and they will be done every Monday and Wednesday, at the end of each workout. Every Sunday you’ll receive the individual challenges. If you miss the individual challenge on Monday or Wednesday you can make up any day of the week. You can also challenge the person with best result of the challenge any day of that week, but no later than Saturday 10am. That needs to be done at TLF after a workout. For winning an individual challenge you’ll earn 5 extra points. The team with the most challenges won will get an extra 50 points.
5. Facebook –1 point a day. Check in to our Top Level Fitness Training Facebook page every time you attend your workouts with a comment or if you don’t workout that day post a comment on our Top Level Fitness Training Facebook Page (not Zack Toplevelefitness-that is my personal account), or post or share a comment or photo from our Facebook page to your Facebook wall, and you’ll be rewarded with 1 point. If you post a comment or upload a picture on your Facebook wall don’t forget to tag Top Level Fitness Training Page (look out for the blue and green TLF logo) so you can get credit. You can chat in the groups with other members as much as you want but ONLY comments posted on the TLF FB page OR when you tag our TLF FB page will be counted as a point. You can make as many comments as you want but you’ll earn 1 point per day. Check in or comments on facebook with fake FB account will not going to earn you any points.
6. Write a Review for Top Level Fitness on Yelp, Google, Facebook or other sites provided – 3 points for each review. Maximum 1 per site.
–Top Level Fitness on Yelp
–Top Level Fitness Training Facebook Page
–Top Level Fitness on Google
-Video testimonial – 30 points
-All 4 completed – 5o points (If you have done the reviews before, do the video testimonial and you will get 50 points total)
7. Referrals – 10 points. I’ll have a special 2 week promotion for you to make bringing your friends to the gym a no brainer. If your friends sign up after their trial period for any of our 1 Year or 12 Week programs, you’ll earn an additional 10 points (and $50 Referral Bonus). For every referral you bring to the challenge (cut off date September 14th) 50 points.
I have created secret Facebook groups for each Team (only the people of the team can see your posts) where you can communicate with the rest of your team members and me.
I have also created one main Facebook Group – 6 Weeks Back to School Challenge. Every week on Saturday or Sunday you need to Check-In to this group with a short post about your progress during the week, any feedback or questions you may have and how many points you have during the week.
Here is what the check in will include:
-Pounds lost –
-Attendance points –
-Reviews and testimonial points-
-Challenges you did that week-
-Referrals you brought that week-
I’ll provide an easy spreadsheet template for you to track your points. Those Check-Ins are mandatory and if you fail to do that, you will NOT earn any points for that week. If you prefer you can email us the same content instead of posting in the group.
Since Jan and Carolyn are included in the challenge too (and they work for TLF) they will not have access to the private Team FB groups, but they will have access to the main 6 Weeks Back to School Challenge group, to help with the points and answer any questions you may have.
Please tag my personal account (Zack Toplevelfitness) anytime when you have question for me so I can see and answer your question on time.
All categories will be posted on the board and the board will be separated on 6 teams. Every Monday we will update the board with your points for the previous week after we receive your weekend Check-Ins.
The week starts on Saturday ends on Friday.
The list with total individual and team points will be posted and sent to you on Monday as well.
Good luck and have fun! 🙂